Mojitos are a must when the summer season rolls around. There is nothing like chilling in your back garden in a warm, sunny day and sipping on your Mojito as you drift into a state of pure tranquility.
Luckily, you can make tasty Mojitos without splashing the cash. Emptying your pockets on the most expensive rum won’t lift this cocktail into new, lofty heights of deliciousness so, you might as well just buy a decent quality one.
To help you figure out exactly which rum to buy, we have compiled a list of the 5 brilliant bottles that will be the perfect tipple for your rum-based cocktail.
This bottle comes straight from Jamaica and is made from molasses which has been distilled for the optimum number of years. It is a fantastic rum at a very delightful price – perfect for your Mojito making journey.
Bacardi is well-known across the globe and is easy to find in supermarkets and local corner shops. It is a Puerto Rican brand which contains gorgeous citrus flavors combined with a hint of mint that dances over your palate.
As soon as you open this bottle, you’ll be amazed at the aromas of pure citrus and banana that come floating out. This carries on to the palate which refreshes and delights your taste buds. Whatever Mojito recipe you’re using, this one will add a touch of greatness to it.
This Puerto Rican brand bases their recipe on the original Cuban one, so you know you’re going to have the best tasting experience. It’s made to be a mixer and will go perfectly with any Mojito recipe.
On the palate, Cruzan Light Rum displays a beautiful mixture of coconut and vanilla due to the 4-year aging process in American oak barrels. It is affordable too, so you don’t need to worry about breaking the bank. Win-win!
Now you know which rums you need to buy; you need to know how to make the yummy scrummy cocktails. We’ve got loads of popular (and not so popular) recipes right here, just for you.
1. Juice the lime.
2. In a little jug, muddle the lime juice, mint leaves and sugar together. Muddling is basically just crushing the ingredients together to release the flavors.
3. Pour this into a tall glass.
4. Add ice.
5. Pour the rum in.
6. Stir well.
7. Top up the glass with the soda water.
8. Garnish with mint leaves if you like.
1. Put the sugar and water into a saucepan.
2. Put it on a high heat.
3. Let it boil then stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
4. Take it off the heat.
5. Place the matcha into a separate bowl and pour in some syrup to make a paste.
6. Whisk until smooth.
7. Pour in the rest of the simple syrup.
8. Refrigerate until cool.
1. Rip up the mint leaves.
2. Place them into a tall glass.
3. Use the back of a spoon to muddle them.
4. Pour in the rum, vodka and simple syrup.
5. Stir, stir, stir!
6. Plop in some ice so the glass is 2/3 full.
7. Top up with soda.
8. Garnish with the mint leaves or the green tea bag tags for an awesome effect.
1. Put the ice in your chosen glass.
2. Add mint leaves.
3. Muddle them until the flavors are released.
4. Pour in the lime juice.
5. Add the tea, rum and sugar.
6. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
7. Add raspberries.
8. Serve immediately.
1. Put the coconut milk in the fridge and leave it there for a few hours.
2. After the time is up., open it and take out the thick top layer.
3. Get rid of the water underneath.
4. Mix the blueberries, sugar and water in a saucepan.
5. Put it on medium heat.
6. Mash the blueberries while it’s heating and wait until it’s combined and syrup-like.
7. Strain it.
8. Place in the fridge to chill.
9. Whisk the coconut and condensed milk together in a bowl.
10. Put aside.
11. Muddle the lime, mint and rum together until the mint’s flavors have been released.
12. Strain it and discard sediment.
13. Get 15 shot glasses and but the blueberry syrup into the bottoms of all of them.
14. Top up with the mojito and milk mixtures.
15. Stir gently for an ombre effect or leave the blueberries at the bottom if you fancy it.
16. Garnish with mint leaves.
17. Serve immediately or leave in the fridge for a few hours before you’re ready to get the party started.
Now, go forth and take the Mojito world by storm!