If you are sucker for raspberries, get in here. Now, imagine raspberries specially distilled into a nicely flavored liqueur. This is no random drink. Rather, it is an awesome tequila cocktail to be enjoyed especially during summer. However, you can also enjoy it at any time of the year when you begin to crave a delicious yet fruity and fresh margarita. This cocktail is a great mix for someone who loves raspberries and margaritas as well.
What makes raspberry margarita unique are the fresh raspberries used in its preparation. It is also awesome to know that this mix of raspberry margarita is an easy one to make. As soon as you crave it, all you need to do is get a blender, put all the constituents of the mix in and blend! In a couple of minutes, your drink would be ready. You can also choose to shake the mix up in your cocktail shaker.
While it is easy to make this cocktail, it is also important to pay special attention to the kind of tequila to be used for its preparation. Blanco tequila is highly recommended; it can in fact be said to be the very best. However, you can use a reposado as well. A reposado will be great for if you decide to shake it as opposed to blending it.
Summer is the preferred and easiest time to make the cocktail as raspberries are readily available in summer. In you plan to make the drink in another season of the year, frozen raspberries are sure to come to your rescue. Instead of depending on the freezer of the grocery store for the availability of frozen raspberries, you can easily stock them up yourself while they are still in season. Simply purchase a bunch of raspberries or grow them as you like. Put them in a freezer bag and stock them in your freezer for the time they will be needed.
The drink is a very easy one to make. However, the first step is to have all the necessary ingredients within reach. You would also need to make your raspberry simple syrup ahead of time.
- ½ ounces of gold tequila
- ½ ounces of lime juice
- A splash of sparkling wine
- 1 tablespoon of raw sugar (optional)
- 1 ounce of Chambord raspberry liqueur
- ½ tablespoon of raspberry simple syrup
How to Make Raspberry Simple Syrup
- 1 cup of raw sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of raspberries (ripe and fresh)
- Put a saucepan over medium/high heat and mix all the ingredients. Use a potato masher to extract the juice from the raspberries.
- Leave the combination to boil. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the source of heat and cover it tightly with a fitting lid.
- Allow the simple syrup to steep for the next 15 minutes.
- Strain the combination using a fine-mesh sieve. A mason jar-styled container would be appropriate for collecting its juice.
- Store the syrup in the fridge and use it as desired. It can last for up to 30 days.
Directions for Making Raspberry Margarita
- Put some raspberry simple syrup into a glass and dredge its rim with raw sugar
- Add your ice cubes, lime juice, raspberry simple syrup, gold tequila and Chambord raspberry liqueur into a cocktail shaker.
- Cover the lid firmly and shake it vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Put the crushed ice into a ready glass, drain the cocktail into the glass, top it with the sparkling wine and serve.
Serve This Cocktail at a Party with Friends
In a gathering of friends where the mood needs to be lit up, you cannot go wrong with serving this cocktail. It is easy to prepare and its preparation is not time-consuming. You can make it ahead of time and put it in the refrigerator to make it chilled. Even if it happens to be an impromptu gathering, it also remains a great choice since its preparation can be done in a little time. Just have your raspberry simple syrup readily available (in your refrigerator) for time like this.
Therefore, the next time you have a girls’ time or you decide to hang with the guys at yours, let raspberry margaritas be the choice.
A variation of Recipe
The recipe can be varied.
- Instead of fresh berries, you can choose to change the liqueur you use. Instead of Chambord, you can use crème de framboise.
- Another option is to use this recipe to make a fruit medley margarita. To make a fruit medley margarita, include other berries (such as chopped strawberries and blackberries) into the mixture. Slight changes as such totally change the flavor and taste of cocktails.
- Another variation is to shake it up and add extra ice as opposed to blending the mixture. This kind of mixture will be more of juicy than fruity. For this reason, you can choose to reduce the amount of raspberries to be used. In this case, simply muddle the fresh raspberries into your cocktail shaker. After this, you can go on with adding the other ingredients into the shaker before putting your ice into it. If you choose to use frozen raspberries, then they must thaw out first.
Alcohol by Volume Percentage of Rapsberry Margarita
In a case where the cocktail is a blended one, it becomes a lighter drink with 7% ABV (14 proof). The blending is what changes it into a lighter drink. However, when you just shake it up, it gives you about 20% ABV (40 proof). This is a good basis for choosing to blend or shake in the preparation of this cocktail.
A Great Option from the Alcohol Drink Menu
While making it at home is a great adventure that we recommend, it is equally great when you order it at your favorite bar.
The next time you visit your favorite bar and you want to try something new, if you are a lover of raspberries and margaritas, then you should totally go for raspberry margarita.