It could be argued that vodka and cherry is the perfect drink combination. There are so many different ingredients you can add to this combination, like lime, cola or chocolate. And there’s something really satisfying about adding your own homemade drunken cherries to a drink in place of the typical maraschinos, or making cocktails from your own cherry vodka. Whether you’re making these recipes for yourself or for a party, you’ll love these drink recipes and so will your guests! Here are some of the best vodka drinks:
It’s pretty easy to make your own cherry vodka, and it’s definitely worth it. All you need to make it is some cherries, some vodka, a 1litre/34 oz. jar and some patience. Plus, you can use your homemade cherry vodka in any recipe on this list that calls for cherry vodka, making your drink all the more satisfying.
- 1 1/8 lb. Fresh sour cherries
- 25 oz./750 ml clear vodka
- Pit the cherries and cut them in half
- Fill the jar with cherries. Don’t pack it
- Pour vodka over the top of cherries
- Seal jar tightly and store it in a cool, dark place for 2 weeks-6 months
- Open jar and strain through fine mesh strainer over a bowl, leaving cherries over the bowl for around an hour. Stir and press the cherries occasionally to ensure that all of the vodka is strained through the strainer
- Pour the vodka into a jar, seal and store.
Did you know you could soak cherries in vodka? If you haven’t had drunken cherries, you should really try this recipe. The cherries really don’t lose their flavor, it’s more like the vodka and cherries combine with each other to create a new flavor. You can use these in place of maraschino cherries to give any drink an extra kick, or just eat a few of them by themselves- no drink required!
- Rinse the cherries, meanwhile picking out and discarding any bruised or damaged ones
- Trim the stems to 1/2’’ long using kitchen sheers
- Pack cherries in jar, filling tightly to the top
- Fill jar about 1/3 full with sugar using a funnel
- Fill the rest of the jar to the top with vodka
- Seal lid tightly
- Shake and roll jar in your hands to fully dissolve sugar
- Store jar in a cool, dark place for 6 months, rolling and shaking it every month
Cherry Vodka Limeade
Whomever invented this boozy version of a cherry-limeade is a genius! Cherry limeade is a summer favorite, and this recipe captures that flavor and then adds a bit of a kick to it. It’s an adult drink that has all the flavors of childhood slushies in it.
- 2 oz. Cherry vodka
- 1 oz. Lime vodka
- 1 oz. Fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. Cherry juice
- 2 oz. Lemon lime soda (like Sprite)
- Lime wedge and a cherry (garnish)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and then add cherry vodka, lime vodka, lime juice, and cherry juice to it
- In the serving glass, add ice and then strain drink over it
- Top with lemon lime soda
This is a creative twist on the typical Cherry Bomb (cherry vodka and cola) that would be a hit at Halloween parties, or vampire-themed watch parties. Grenadine makes an appearance along with the cherry vodka and cola. It’s an easy way to make a layered drink because the grenadine naturally separates from the cola until it’s stirred up. So, no fancy bartending skills necessary! If you want to take this drink to the next level, try using a drunken cherry instead of a maraschino.
- 1 oz. Black cherry vodka
- 1/2 oz. Grenadine
- 5 oz. Cola
- Maraschino cherries (garnish)
- Add grenadine to the bottom of a highball glass
- Add ice and vodka
- Top with cola
Chocolate Covered Cherry Martini
It’s pretty easy to guess that this cocktail has the decadent flavors of a chocolate-covered cherry. But, it also has a fun pink color that looks fantastic when poured into a martini glass that’s been drizzled with chocolate. It’s got a creamy texture that suits dessert drinks, too. It’s the perfect drink to serve your honey on Valentine’s Day, special occasions, or just because.
- 3 oz. Cherry vodka
- 3 oz. Creme de cocoa
- 3 oz. Heavy cream
- 1 oz. Grenadine
- High quality chocolate syrup (like Ghiradelli)
- Cherries (garnish)
- Add the ingredients (except the chocolate syrup) to a cocktail shaker and shake to combine
- In a martini glass, drizzle chocolate syrup by slowly spinning the glass while holding the syrup steady
- Pour the drink into the glass slowly
Midnight Black Cherry Vanilla Cocktail
Black foods are trending right now, and this is a delicious black drink recipe. It’s essentially a Cherry Bomb (cherry vodka and cola), but the twist is in using food coloring in the vodka to get the black color. This drink would be a hit at nearly any party, especially black tie parties or Halloween parties!
- 2 oz. Cherry vodka, black
- 1 oz. Vanilla vodka
- 3-4 oz cola
- Handful of ice
- 2-3 cherries (garnish)
- In a half bottle of cherry vodka, add 10 drops blue food coloring, 10 drops red food coloring and 8 drops green food coloring to get black cherry vodka
- Add cherry vodka, vanilla vodka and ice to a cocktail shaker and shake
- Strain into cocktail glasses
- Add cola
Bloody Good Time
This cocktail recipe was most likely created for Halloween, but is suited for nearly any festive party. The addition of cranberry juice to the cherry vodka not only makes for a tasty treat, it makes for a drink that looks as good as it tastes. Try garnishing it with a gummy worm instead of the traditional cherry for an extra touch of whimsy!
- 1 oz. Cherry vodka
- 1 oz. Vodka
- 4 oz. Cranberry juice
- Cherry or gummy worm (garnish)
- Add both vodkas, cranberry juice and ice to a cocktail shaker and shake well
- Add ice to a cocktail glass and strain the drink over it
Cherry vodka drinks are delicious, no matter what time of year it is, or what occasion you’re celebrating. So, whether you’re looking for a refreshing Summer drink, a fun Halloween drink, a drink for Valentine’s Day, something to serve at your next book club meeting, or something that’s good for solo sipping, there’s something on this list for you. Enjoy!