If you thought that vodka brands are best when consumed in their pure state, then wait until you take a sip of cosmopolitan cocktail, which was made famous by the famous Sex and the City.
Generally, cosmopolitan cocktails are made from vodka, cranberry juice, triple sec, sweeten or fresh lime juice, among other ingredients. However, there are multiple recipes at your disposal. In our case, we are going to focus strictly on the best ones, since we want you to experience nothing but the best!
We conducted detailed research that involved going through literature, and carrying out practical experiments: preparing cosmopolitan cocktails using different recipes, tasting and rating them. Fortunately, just as we had expected, we managed to find the list of two best cosmopolitan cocktail recipes.
Two Best Cosmopolitan Cocktail Recipes
· Jamie Oliver Tips
- A bar spoon (or teaspoon)
- A match
- A shaker/stirring glass
- A strainer
- Martini glass
- A quarter of fresh lime juice
- A half of part Cointreau liqueur
- 1 cranberry juice
- 5 Grey Goose L’orange vodka
- Cubed ice
- Orange zest
How to Mix
- Fill your cocktail glass with ice to make it chill
- Put all of the ingredients and add more ice into your stirring glass/shaker, and stir or shake it vigorously for approximately 20-second.
- Strain the mixture into the cocktail glass
- Peel a piece of orange (that is almost your thumb’s size), but do not blend it. Using your two fingers, hold the peel over the glass, then use a match to warm it gently for almost 20 seconds.
- Finally, light a match and then bend the orange piece to allow it to release oil on it, which will ignite a flame that will eventually settle on the top surface of your drink.
After that, don’t wait for an alarm or a signal from us for you to do what is necessary, simply proceed to enjoy your tasty drink, all by yourself or with your fiancé. Based on the ingredients above, I wouldn’t be surprised if you have already started to salivate. However, the actual taste is much better than what you can imagine.
· Cathy Pollak Tips
- 5 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 oz. Cointreau
- 1 oz. cranberry juice
- 5 oz. citron vodka
- Finely crushed ice
- Orange peel for garnish
- Put the crushed ice in the cocktail shaker till it is full.
- Add, vodka, cranberry juice, cranberry juice and Cointreau to the glass.
- Shake until it very cold.
- Strain the mixture into a martini glass.
- Add a scoop crushed ice.
- Garnish it with an orange peel.
Finally, do yourself a favor by taking a deep sip, and thank me later! In fact, you can make it one of your evening routines.
Best Cosmopolitan Cocktail Recipe for a Group
The common weakness of the above two recipes is that they only focus on the preparation of a one-person cosmopolitan cocktail. But in the world of drinking, it is taking sips alongside your partner or friends that makes the whole experience exciting.
Therefore, we have researched and presented you with the best recipe for preparing cosmopolitan cocktails that is enough to serve you and your loved ones.
· Inspired Taste Tips
The first tip here is that when choosing your vodka, pick something within the mid-to-high range (that is if you want to enjoy every bit of cosmopolitan cocktail). You can choose Stolichnaya, for instance. Also, you should use fresh lime and not a manipulated substance in the name of sweetened lime. We realize that the preparation of cosmopolitan cocktails is a little more work; however, the final taste is much better.
Here, adding orange peel is not a must, but if you really want to enjoy your cosmopolitan to the fullest, we suggest you give it a shot. Simply put, adding orange peel gives your cocktail a mixture of orange and vodka scents, which for someone who really understand the power of cocktails, it is like adding one brand of honey to the other.
In general, cosmopolitan cocktails prepared using Inspired Taste Tips is ideal for both solo and group parties. Therefore, don’t shut the door for your friends, just let them come and experience this fantastic drink with you. After all the taste in the cosmopolitan cocktail will not divide itself amongst you and your buddies.
Ingredients for One Glass
- One 2-inch orange twist/peel
- One tablespoon of triple sec, Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- 3/4 ounce of cranberry juice cocktail
- 25 to 0.5 ounce of fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup of vodka
How to Mix
- Place the ice in a cocktail shaker till it is full.
- Add lime juice, vodka, cranberry juice and triple sec.
- Shake or stir the cocktail shaker thoroughly for about 30-seconds, until it is well chilled.
- Strain the mixture into another glass.
- For flavor, place the orange peel over the glass with strained cocktails and allow the orange oils to spread into the glass.
Ingredients for Four Glasses
To make four glasses of cosmopolitan cocktail at ago (maybe for you, your fiancé and another couple), use a full cup of vodka. Additionally, use a quarter cup of triple sec, a third a cup of cranberry juice and 2-to-4 tablespoons of lime juice. Definitely, you will need a bigger jar. Next, stir the mixture and refrigerate it.
Once you realize you can’t wait any longer, strain into four martini glasses and “beautify” it with an orange peel. Finally, do the necessary by taking deep sips, but not before you cheers to one another.
Meanwhile, you can use either sweeten or unsweetened cranberry juice. However, if you go for unsweetened, you may find the drink to be quite tart. If that happens, don’t panic and think that you have spoiled the party. You simply need to add to it a tablespoon of agave or simple syrup, and you are back in the game.
For me, Inspired Taste Tips guide me to make the best cosmopolitan cocktail ever! In fact, sometimes I make four glasses, and instead of inviting three more colleagues, I end up consuming everything myself.